Cllr Doina Cornell (Labour) continues as Leader of the Council, with the Green and Labour Groups working with the Liberal Democrat Group, led by Cllr Ken Tucker, to lead the Council.
All three Group Leaders have previously confirmed their commitment to rise above party politics to work together for the benefit of all residents.
The Council has been run by a Labour/Green/Liberal Democrat alliance for the past nine years.
Following the elections on 6 May, the Alliance has a total of 31 councillors (15 Labour, 13 Green, 3 Liberal Democrat), with 19 Conservative councillors and 1 Independent in opposition.
Cllr Braun, who has represented Wotton-under-Edge since 2016, replaces Cllr Martin Whiteside (who has stepped down after 19 years) as Green group leader.
All of the Council committees have Green councillors as either chairs or vice-chairs.
- Catherine Braun is vice-chair of Strategy and Resources;
- Martin Pearcy is vice-chair of Audit and Standards;
- Jonathan Edmunds is vice-chair of Community Services & Licensing;
- Martin Baxendale is chair of Development Control;
- Chloe Turner is chair of Environment;
- Chris Jockel is vice-chair of Housing.
In other appointments, Norman Kay and Beki Aldam join the Council’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion working group, Tricia Watson becomes one of three Mental Health Champions, and Chloe Turner joins the Gloucestershire Economic Growth Scrutiny Committee.