The Stroud District Green Party is recruiting an Elections Coordinator
Stroud District Green Party (SDGP) is recruiting an Election Coordinator to work as a self-employed contractor until end May 2021.
The Elections Coordinator will lead the delivery of the approved Stroud District local election strategy and budget. This will involve motivating and supporting a team of volunteer activists and candidates. The Election coordinator will receive advice and managerial support from the SDGP Coordinators and the SDGP Coordination Committee.
Main tasks will include:
- Motivate, manage and monitor the work of the election delivery volunteer team.
- Support the target ward campaign managers and candidates with advice, training and monitoring of progress (alerting the Coordination Committee if additional resources are needed in a Stroud District ward or a Gloucestershire County division).
- Ensure that the correct processes are being followed in the quality assurance of leaflets and other communication materials.
- Report progress and any concerns to the SDGP coordinators and Coordination Committee on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with and receive additional support as required from the Green Party of England and Wales Regional Field Organiser.
- Participate in recruiting additional candidates as required.
- Able to plan own work load and effectively plan ahead.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the implementation of the SDGP’s 2021 campaign strategy.
- Able to organise meetings and events, including online meetings and training sessions.
- Competently use a computer, including e-mail, word, spreadsheets, filing, and Green Party communication platforms (briefing on specific platforms can be provided).
- Able to motivate, support and monitor the election volunteers and wider party members, including candidates, campaign managers and Party officers.
- Able to Identify and meet needs and opportunities for successful electoral campaigning.
- Must be a member of the Green Party or willing to join upon appointment to the position.
The Coordinator will work part-time in a self-employed capacity. It is envisaged that the workload will vary from week to week, but that the post-holder will initially work an average of 5 hours per week going up to 10 hours per week from mid-February till mid-May 2021 at £20/hr. The contract will involve evening and weekend work. The post will be line managed by the SDGP co-coordinators.
To apply please send:
- a CV,
- a covering e-mail explaining why you want the job and are a strong candidate, and
- contact details for 2 referees to email@example.com by 3rd August 2020.
If you would like an informal chat about the post before you apply please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held via Zoom during the week beginning 10th August 2020.